- The kids got a Sesame Street Sandwich toaster for Christmas and I wanted to try something grown up in it.
- I love Pioneer Woman's Olive Cheese Bread. Seriously. So cheesy and salty and carby. Perfect PMS food.
If you don't have a sandwich toaster or panini press, fear not. I will tell you how you can make it without. It will be fabulous.
4 slices whole wheat bread (thinner slices are better here--the cheap bread from the grocery store is perfect in this recipe)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
10 stuffed green olives, diced
2 tablespoon diced green onion
Sandwich toaster, panini press, or a nonstick skillet plus a cast iron pan or a pot with a heavy can placed inside of it
- Preheat Sandwich toaster or Panini press according to their directions. Alternatively, place your nonstick skillet over medium heat to warm up.
- Spread a thin layer of mayo over each slice of bread, leaving a 1.5 cm border around the edges.
- Sprinkle cheese, then olives, then onion evenly over mayo on two of the slices of bread. Place the other slices, mayo side down over top.
- Place sandwiches in the toaster, press, or on the dry skillet.
- Grill according to manufacturers directions. If using the skillet method, place the heavy pot or skillet on top of the sandwiches to weight them down and grill for 2-3 minutes. When one side is brown, carefully turn the sandwiches and weight them and brown the other side.
- Let cool for a few seconds, and then slice sandwiches. Eat. Don't burn the roof of your mouth with molten cheese.