Monday, March 21, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Here we are again, another Monday, another Meal Plan. I chose two tried and true cookbooks from my expansive collection this week, plus took one recipe from the new Kraft magazine that was sitting in my mailbox this morning.  The books used are:  Taste of Home New Slow Cooker: The Best Recipes for Today's One Pot Meals and Looneyspoons by Janet and Greta Podleski

Slow cooker Hamburger vegetable soup with biscuits
Sausage pepper sandwiches
Mandarin orange chicken (or maybe lemon dill chicken...I have the ingredients for both in my pantry)
Weenies and Beenies from the Looneyspoons cookbook
Tuna topped baked potatoes
Garlic and herb linguine

As always, these recipes are in no particular order.  We are having the hamburger soup tonight since Monday is almost always a slow-cooker day because of our tight schedule around dinner time. 

Breakfasts this week are oatmeal, toast, muffins, or eggs.  I decided last week to stop buying cereal for breakfast because two of the kids will only eat half of their serving, no matter what the serving size.  I was literally pouring money down the drain every morning since cereal is so expensive!  As much as I am loathe to buy it, Charlotte is loving instant oatmeal right now and there was a good sale at the grocery store this weekend so that is what she is eating.

Lunches are a combination of dinner leftovers, mac and cheese, sandwiches and soup, and giant salads for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment