Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weigh In Wednesday

Hello!

I have been feeling quite disillusioned by my weight loss journey lately.  I decided to take a step back for a couple of weeks.  I had a visit with my mom for a few days and then went to work as a summer camp nurse for a week.  I did not step on a scale.  I did not count calories.  I only ran once.  I listened to my body and ate when I was hungry and stopped when full.  (easy to do at camp, where I was not doing the cooking or washing-up)  The only exercise I got at camp was walking around the camp grounds.  (Oh, there were a few sprints to emergencies as well)  My mother-in-law came one day to pick up the kids for their visit with her.  She told me she had noticed I was losing weight, that my face looked thinner.  I did notice that my jeans were a bit looser.  I blamed it on wearing them a few times without washing them since I was at camp.

I got home today and stepped on the scale out of curiosity.  It said 155.8.  I managed to drop  two pounds in 10 days without trying.  I can zip up a dress that has been taunting me in my closet now!

Previous weight: 158
Current weight:  155.8
Loss:                     2.2
Starting weight   161.0
Total loss:              5.2

My kids are gone for a couple of weeks now so I am looking forward to stretching my cooking wings while they are gone.  Nothing with 'n cheeze or nugget in the recipe name for a while!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on using intuitive eating and losing weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a "break" does the body good! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete